I had a thought today about micro-managing. We all know it’s awful. No one likes when it is done to them by someone else, but here’s my question…
ARE YOU MICRO-MANAGING YOURSELF????
I’m asking specifically when it comes to your health and wellness. You could either be too hard on yourself or too laid back. Either way, you might need to change up some things.
When I think of micro-managing, I think of someone hovering over you, checking and double checking everything you do, constantly checking in on you when they don’t need to…the list goes on. You may have a different thought, but for me, this is it! I’m not someone who likes it or needs it. I know in my heart that what I say will get done, because that’s just how I tick.
With my health and wellness, I consider this a priority. I want it to be top on my list because I have health issues and I NEED to be mindful of how I’m taking care of myself. Right now, I eat clean 85% of the time, I drink mainly water and I exercise about four to five times per week. For me, that works. I’m a planner by nature and my days are pretty much scheduled from morning to night. That includes my workouts. If you’re not as structured as I am, you may need to watch yourself a little more.
Where you do start, though? Well, like anything – at the beginning. Ask yourself these questions:
- What are my goals?
- Why do I want to get healthy?
- How am I going to get there?
I want you to write down the answers to these questions because if you write the answers down, it will become REAL!!! Let’s break it down:
- Your goals should be SMART. Thatmeans they need to be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-sensitive. Make your goals using this formula and you’ll be really clear on what you’re shooting for. For example your goal could be “I want to lose 10lbs in two months.” This is specific, measurable, absolutely attainable, realistic and time-sensitive.
- You need to ask yourself why because without knowing why you are doing something, you may not be as motivated. Do you have an event coming up that you want to lose some weight for? Do you have children that you want to make sure you live a long healthy life fore? Your answer is personal and only you can answer this question. Go deeper than the surface and you’ll find your real why.
- Create a road map for yourself with small goals so you can SEE your plan. It should have dates, milestones and rewards for each step of the journey. Get some poster board and literally draw it out and hang it somewhere you’ll see it every single day. Take yourself back to 4th Grade Arts & Crafts and have fun with it. The more fun you have creating your map, the more you’ll be willing to want to take that first step.
Once you have that your goals, your why and you plan in place, follow it. Every single day! No excuses. None! And you might have to micro-manage yourself to help you stay on track If you have someone close to you, ask them to help. Do a self-check every week to see how you’re doing with staying on track. No matter what you’re thinking right now, you CAN do this. You have to believe you can and then you’re golden.
What’s your current health goal? Share with me your goal, your why and your road map. I would love to be able to help you with that goal and get you to reach success! I believe it is possible for you and together we can get you there!