I’m from the United States and “freedom” used to be something that people come to this country for. However, as I grow up, I’m learning that freedom is not about where you live…it’s about your life and how it’s lived!
In the United States, the majority of the citizens work 40-hour work weeks, have to pay for someone else to watch their children and have to limit the time they spend with their family. To me, this is NOT what freedom should be about. Freedom should be about being able to live your life to the fullest, make choices instead of decisions and have all the time you want to do whatever it is you want.
I became an entrepreneur because I want to be able to live free…and I mean truly free! Don’t get me wrong, I love my job and the company I work for, but I don’t get to do a lot of the things I’d like to do because I spend the majority of my time there. Becoming an entrepreneur and finding my tribe has shown me that soon enough, I WILL be truly free!
One of the things I did when I became an entrepreneur is set my “why”. Our why can be anything we want and it can be multiple things…and I can assure you, our why is REAL! Our why is why are on this planet, why we choose to make our lives better and why we do what we do in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! Ok, so I got a bit historical on you, but it’s true!!!
My why consists of multiple things:
- I want to live debt free
- I want to be able to travel without limits
- I want to raise healthy children and not have someone else raise them (personal preference)
- I want to be able to make my own hours
- I want to be able to stay inside when it’s cold and dark outside
- I want to be able to dye my hair any color I want…even purple
- I want to wake up without an alarm clock
- I want to eat breakfast with my husband every morning
- I want to have the ability to let my creativity fly
- I want to have an office without any walls